Friday Fluff: Party Girl

By | April 8, 2011

Things will likely be quiet around here for the next week, but I figured I should send y’all off with an ass-shaker of a video. Fans of RuPaul’s Drag Race will recognize Mimi Imfurst, and while she may not have been hugely popular on that show, she sure as shit redeems herself here.

I love that “XELLE” is pronounced “X-L”, I ain’t gonna lie. Illegally-filmed single-take videos on moving subway trains are also very close to my heart, so this video is like glittery sweet candy for my brains. I hope you like it too.

Ashley on April 8, 2011 at 10:28 am.

I have to admit, I *love* this song. I would definitely shake my ass to it in the club. It’s a lot better than most of the other tripe that’s popular these days.

a.b. on April 8, 2011 at 10:54 am.

OMG TONIGHT’S FRIDAY THEME. This is excellent, as are these ladies. I wonder how many of the people on the train were with, and which people weren’t. Everyone looked like they were having a blast.

Erin on April 8, 2011 at 11:19 am.

This made my day. I also now want to be a member of Xelle!

purplekeychain on April 8, 2011 at 11:23 am.

HA! That is so amazing. I AM indeed an avid fan of Ru’s Drag Race, and absolutely hated Mimi Imfurst. But she totally redeems herself at 2:55 when she gets DOWN. Yes!

purplekeychain on April 8, 2011 at 11:30 am.

Oh, and BTW, I thought you were posting about my all-time FAVORITE film, Party Girl, with Parker Posey and Guillermo Diaz of “Hi Rene, you’re pretty, can I spin at your club?” and “They killed Killer, B!” fame. I was saddened when I realized it wasn’t about the film, but even happier when I saw this video.

Genius!

Calliope on April 8, 2011 at 12:40 pm.

I was so disappointed when MeMe went home so soon. I choose to think that it was the editing and goading on of producers that made her seem so bad in the behind the scenes bits of Drag Race. I have a feeling they coach the girls for drama. Besides, she was the only one there who had heard of Leigh Bowery.
Thanks for this fun vid! Love your blog!

purplekeychain on April 8, 2011 at 2:45 pm.

I’ve known my fair share of drag queens and, believe me, none of them needed coaching in drama!

Kitty on April 8, 2011 at 12:45 pm.

LOVE this – nothing like waking up to a great ass-shaking beat! Thanks for starting my birthday off with a BANG!

Zanna77 on April 8, 2011 at 8:02 pm.

Super fun! I saw this a few weeks ago and I have been getting my groove on ever since. :) :) :) Have GREAT weekend everyone!

Ashley on April 8, 2011 at 9:35 pm.

I have had this in head all day. I love how the dudes on the seats are doing the moves too.

kbryna on April 8, 2011 at 10:58 pm.

FABULOUS. Mimi Imfurst, serving Fierce AWESOME.

I am kind of totally in love with RuPaul’s Drag Race (Raja ftw!!!). And Mimi Imfurst seemed like one who had serious chops but just wasn’t cut out for the peculiar and particular challenges of reality competition tv. some people aren’t. but she clearly can WERQ IT. and I’m glad she’s getting some redemption from this, and elsewhere (I know she already has/had a huge fan base, but every little bit helps, right?)

love how the number of people in that car just seems to increase madly.

Mikel Posh on April 9, 2011 at 5:38 am.

My friends and I are obssesed with RuPaul’s Drag Race, and I’m always with the big queens, Mimi was a pain in the ass, but she was the most interesting and creative of the big queens….

It was a shame to see her go… but god I LOOOOOOVED HER.

Thanx for the video… I’m totally getting this track for my next dj-ing gig.

Lotsa love from Spain,
Mikel

Kath on April 10, 2011 at 1:51 am.

Oh that’s awesome *downloads from iTunes immediately*

Liza on April 10, 2011 at 11:27 am.

I just wanted to share that when the song started my dog buried her head under a cushion.

But I love anything filmed on a subway, especially if it was done illegally.

GreatBigGirl on April 10, 2011 at 11:52 am.

I’ve been reading your page for quite a while, but I haven’t commented until now. This video makes it official: you have the best site in the whole wide InterNetz.

Maggita on April 11, 2011 at 12:48 pm.

She’s a queen in Queens! Love the song; tight execution and attitude.

Deb on April 18, 2011 at 2:36 pm.

Re/Dress <3's Mimi!