Eye (and brain) candy.

By | December 14, 2010

Joy Nash’s name is pretty much synonymous with “funny and gorgeous” in the very particular dictionary inside my head. And it’s not just the camera adding this extra weight: she’s like that in person too. If, like me, you missed seeing new videos from her, I have an important question for you. Do you want to weigh 120 lbs or not?

See also: The Terrarium Diet.

Still hungry for more awesome fattery? Margitte of Riots Not Diets has created a necessary/beautiful/smart/thoughtful/vivid documentary featuring Jessica of Tangled Up in Lace and Keena of Buttah Love. Watch it below, or on Vimeo. Be warned, this video may be NFSW owing to the use of some Adipositivity photos. Also because it might make you cry. As it did me.

fat body (in)visible from Margitte Kristjansson on Vimeo.

Any other new fat videos I’ve missed? Please do share them in comments.

JonelB on December 15, 2010 at 12:13 am.

“…how much does my HEAD weigh?”

Cooker on December 15, 2010 at 6:53 pm.

I really did not want that video to end. Wow. Thank you for posting that!!

erin zerbe on December 15, 2010 at 7:57 pm.

I wanted to take an opportunity to share an early version of a video I made this year for my MFA that deals with the abusive treatment that fat bodies, specifically the fat bodies of women, often illicit from a judgmental and abrasive public stigma. This video uses some very harsh language, which may be a body image trigger for some people.

It Could Be Worse, You Could Be Fat

This is an early edit, I’ve since made some updates that have not made it to the net yet. But regardless, I felt compelled to share this work with you all.

LuckyLuckyGirl on December 16, 2010 at 11:45 am.

I understand that it is the point, but I did not realize that your video was going to make me feel so sick.

Jessica on December 15, 2010 at 11:44 pm.

Oh no big deal, you just posted a video I was in and said you liked it. WHATEVER ITS FINE I’M NOT FREAKING OUT OR ANYTHING

God, I couldn’t find the fandom this time…I just couldn’t :)

Christine on December 16, 2010 at 5:32 pm.

Seriously though, how gorgeous are Jessica and Keena? So, so gorgeous. What a great video.

I will say though, Keena, should you be reading, you are NOT a hazard, and you are wonderful, just as you are.

staci on December 17, 2010 at 3:48 pm.

Jessica and Keena are amazing! I love when I come here and walk away feeling connected to others and braver. Thank you, Lesley. :)

Lori Madison on December 21, 2010 at 8:44 am.

Jessica and Keena are beautiful, talented, and an inspiration. I wish I was with Keena at that airport! Thank you so much for sharing this awesome video with us.